Arkansas HIPP Program
Arkansas Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (ArHIPP)
The Arkansas Health Insurance Premium Payment (ArHIPP) program gives families of kids with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) the opportunity to save money on health care costs if their child is Medicaid-eligible.
ArHIPP reimburses you for all or a portion of the premiums you pay for your employer health insurance. In some cases, ArHIPP will pay for your entire family’s health care, even if other family members are not eligible for Medicaid.
ArHIPP may also pay for any out-of-pocket costs of ABA.
The ArHIPP program may provide you and your family with all or some of the following benefits:
- Reimbursement for all or a portion of your employer-provided health insurance premium
- Reimbursement for all or a portion of your out-of-pocket medical costs
- Access to a wider network of doctors
- Health care for your entire family, even family members who are not eligible for Medicaid
What are the benefits of Arkansas Health Insurance Premium Payment Program?
To qualify for ArHIPP, you must:
- Have a child who is eligible for Medicaid
- Have a child who has been diagnosed with a "high cost medical condition" (i.e. Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Live in Arkansas
- Have access to employer-provided health insurance that could cover your child
If you are not currently insured through your job but meet ArHIPP's other qualifications, you can enroll in your employer-provided insurance at any time and do not have to wait for open enrollment.
Is my family eligible for Arkansas Health Insurance Premium Payment Program?
To apply for ArHIPP, you must:
- Complete the ArHIPP application online, by mail or by phone (1.855.692.7447)
- Contact ArHIPP by email or phone to retrieve your ArHIPP Case Number after you submit your application
- Email or mail copies of the following documents to ArHIPP:
- Your insurance card
- Summary of Benefits of your or your desired health insurance plan
- Paystub (if paystub displays health insurance premium deductions)
- Child's diagnosis documents
Schedule an appointment for an informational consultation regarding your situation to find out more.